The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bear Lake

I'd like to think Chase returned to Utah to help me fly back to Texas with the kids. I wasn't supposed to do any lifting so we thought it was a good idea for him to come back for a long weekend and fly home with me that Wednesday.
Like I said, I'd like to think he was overly concerned with my prego well-being. But we all know why he REALLY came back. For three reasons: the Gardners, Bear Lake and WATER SKIING!!!
John and Jess invited us and we just couldn't turn them down. We miss our besties so we decided it was time to "rekindle" our relationship:-)
We had FUN!! The kids spent most of their time playing in the sand, on the trampoline or throwing rocks in the lake.
Being preggers I wasn't allowed to ski. In fact, that was one of the things the doctor specifically told me NOT to do when I started bleeding a few weeks before.
I wasn't too bummed on Saturday when the water was pretty choppy but when we skied on Monday the water was amazing and I was sad to not be out there on the glass.
After watching Lizzy and Tommy get up on their trainer water ski Sadie decided to be brave too and consented to sit on the ski but "NOT STAND UP." Baby steps. I was just proud of her for getting out there!
I love this picture of Sadie and Chase skipping rocks in the water. She was teaching him how to crouch down for a better skip. They both look ridiculous but really cute too.
We promised the kids two nights in a row that we would roast marshmallows and make s'mores by the fire. At the end of the day we were just too exhausted and we promised them the next day. Well, our last night came and we just didn't feel like bathing everyone afterwards so Jess had the brilliant idea of making them in the microwave and having a "campfire" in the bathroom. She told "child appropriate" scary stories and they got to eat their s'mores. It was WAY easier than the real thing:-)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of Jess skiing. Not only does she look great on the ski but she can also give us a big smile while she's out there. There's a reason why I like hanging out with her so much and why I was so depressed when they moved to Utah from D.C. She is so fun!! Life is so boring with out her:-)

Jess asked me to take pictures of her family while we were up there and I was totally excited because I LOVE taking pictures of her kids. They are so photogenic. (John and Jess are too:-) It's way more fun to take pics of cute kids (not that I've ever shot a family with ugly children, but you know what I mean:-).
Here's a few of the ones I liked the most. What a beautiful family. Thanks for the trip guys. We had a blast and we miss you already!!



1 comment:

Gardner's said...

I LOVED this trip! The whole drive home John had to listen to me whine about you leaving! It was so fun to spend the weekend together. I love the pictures you took of my kids... you are so talented!