The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jack and Joy School

Jack started joy school this week. I joined a group with four other moms and since I did it with Sadie when she was two I thought it was time for Jack as well. I love Joy School. I have to admit that when it was my turn to host all the kids it totally stressed me out with Sadie's group. This time around I am going to take a more "laid back" approach and not over think too much about what these little two year olds are learning (or not learning:-). Maybe it was the influence of the East Coasters that gave me such anxiety but I'm feeling much more "easy peasy" down here in Texas. It's going to be a great year.

With Sadie gone at school every day, Jack is TOTALLY bored. I like having the alone time with him because he rarely gets me all to himself. He's such a fun and pleasant little guy to hang out with. It stung a little when I heard they wanted to do school twice a week because I feel like these next four months are the only time I am going to have with just my Jack before baby number three arrives. Still, Jack loves to be around other kids and has such a great time being social. I couldn't deprive him of such a fun time every Tuesday and Thursday. I also REALLY look forward to my morning naps while he's gone:-)

I thought he would be a little sad when I dropped him off his first day but reassured him he would have "new toys" to play with inside. He loves playing with other people's toys. Jack was fine when I left and the whole time I was gone. Kelsey told me he literally played the whole 2 1/2 hours. He didn't want a snack and didn't want to listen to the lesson...just play. I guess that's why they call it "joy" school.

No comments: