The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things they do and say....

The other day it was just Jack and me at home and I have the sniffles. Jack turned to me and asked "your nose running Mommy?" I said yes. He asked me if I wanted a tissue and ran to the bathroom to get one. He gave me the tissue and said "blow Mommy." It made my having a cold totally worth it.

Some of my favorite "Jackisms" lately are just watching him run. He literally prances everywhere. He also enunciates his words very well lately. If he isn't interested in something or if he wants you to stop he'll say "I don't want it." When he wants to hold something "I hold it." When he wants more than what we gave him of something it's always "BIG one Mommy.". We also love that he says "again" like a Canadian and "ya" like a Swedish countryman. "Ca ca stick" for Chapstick and "puffin" for muffin. And my personal favorite...."I can't not open it." Nearly everything we do from getting into the car, out of his car seat, into his highchair, or fixing a toy, it's always "I want to do it." Everything takes about ten minutes longer this way but he insists.
Lately he's really been into reading books. He would read them all day. He'll point to the pictures and say "what's that Mommy?" I love that most of his sentences end with "mommy." He's been carrying a big pile of books around with him in either his stroller or a laundry basket. He'll throw a couple of trucks and trains in there too because those are always at an arms reach.

He loves to listen and dance around to music with Sadie. Those two seem to be be playing VERY well together lately and it's been so nice hearing them talk to each other while in the other room and laugh when someone does something funny. I've said this before but no one makes Jack laugh harder than Sadie. All she has to do is pretend to fall down and he's giggling uncontrollably.
Sadie has been loving school. Every day when I pick her up she has a half a Skittle or M&M for me. I love that it's never a whole piece of a minuscule candy. Always half. She loves to share what's delicious with her mommy even if it's so small you can barely taste it. Today I got the tail of a goldfish cracker. Yummy!

The other day we were reading "Quick as a Cricket" (Jack's new fav.) and when we got to the pic of the whale Sadie said in her most grown up voice "I really like this picture guys. It's really quite fantastic. I love the waves and the feet coming out of the water. It's just really a great picture." She's been taking art at school and I can tell they have been talking about art just by the way she's starting talking about the pictures we see at home.

She came home the other day from school and told me she was going to marry a boy names Mossimo from her class. I guess his name doesn't bother her. If Chase's name was Mossimo he wouldn't have gotten a first date. I asked her what he said when she told him that. I guess he turned her down flat but she told him "well I'm going to marry you anyway." There's also a boy in her class named Chris who calls her "cutie" instead of Sadie. I'm glad she finally acknowledges boys as human beings. Before they were absolutely "disgusting" to her.

She's already the teacher's pet too. She's been the line leader for two weeks now and gets a great report every day. My favorite thing is how much fun she has with Jack when she gets home from school. I guess being apart has made them fonder of one another and they will play upstairs forever together while I cook dinner. It has FINALLY happened. My kids play well together.

No comments: