The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Eliza's Baby Blessing

We blessed our sweet Eliza Jane on May 3.  Mimi and Aunt Jane flew out for the occasion and we had a fabulous weekend!  



Eliza wore the same little blessing gown that we bought for Sadie 9 years ago.  I love that these sisters were blessed in the same dress.  

I love these two pictures of Sadie and Mimi adoring our little angel baby.  


Eliza was amazingly calm during her baby blessing.  She started out asleep but our friend Ben Hurst opened his eyes and saw her just staring up at her daddy.  Chase blessed her with health, a testimony of the gospel and a believing heart.  He blessed her to be friendly and to reach out to others in order to help them and be friends with them.  He blessed to her to know how much her Father in Heaven loves her and how much her parents love her.  He blessed her with faith to believe in the things she can't see.  He blessed her with an open mind that she would be able to explore the world around her, both intellectually and spiritually.  He blessed her to seek out opportunities to grow.  He blessed her to be able to be baptized, go on a mission, be sealed in the temple and know that she can use the power of prayer to communicate with her Heavenly Father.  She was blessed to be able to get long with her siblings and have tight bonds with them.  He blessed her to know how much her mother loves her and that she will be able to look to her as an example of service and love.  

It was a very sweet blessing.  I love Chase so much and am so grateful to be married to an honorable priesthood holder.   I told him he better hold her up when he's done with the prayer. I hate it when Dad's just take the baby back to the pew without holding her up for the congregation to see.  I NEED to see that baby!!  He did as he was told.  However, if it were me, I would have pulled a Lion King and held her up even longer.  I need to show off my 9 months of hard work!!


Having my mom and Jane in town was so fun. I couldn't get over how many times I found Jane sleeping, and sometimes in the most peculiar of places!   
After a peaceful Sabbath with fresh bread and a yummy dinner, these lucky ladies were lucky enough to hear me serenade them in my fuzzy robe.  


The next few days we had some fun.  Of course a trip to Anthropology was in order and we took them to Gordoughs for the first time.  Chase ordered the "blue balls" doughnut holes and the "rattler" for the kids.  The guy taking the order was hilarious.  When our doughnuts were ready, he screamed across the parking lot.  "Chase, your blue balls are ready.  Come get your blue balls!!!"


My mom was NOT impressed with the way they presented the "blue balls."  Just a few doughnut holes swimming in a blueberry frosting sauce.  She was however pleasantly surprised after tasting them.  They were delicious!!  

The "rattler" had a gummy snake three feet long coiled up on top of the doughnut.  Only in Austin!!


We had lunch with the kids at school and dinner at our favorite places including Jack Allen's kitchen.  Aunt Jane couldn't get enough of our little snuggle bug.  

She also couldn't get enough of the fields of wildflowers that come around every spring.  The brown eyed susans were spectacular this year!!  These are the same fields that were recently covered with blue bonnets.  I love my neighborhood!!


I caught Sadie helping George down a steep hill.  She's such a sweet older sister and George asks that Sadie sing to him every night.  He loves her!






Mimi brought Sadie some gifts for her birthday that she was having in a few days.  Sadie was thrilled about her horse shirt and other goodies!! 

One more shout out to Texas.  This is a picture of the highway at a red light in my neighborhood.  Very close to Sadie and Jack's school.  The wildflowers are ridiculously beautiful this time of year!!  It almost looks like a painting.
Maybe I'll make Jane paint it for me!



No comments: