The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fields of Blue!

I'm pretty sure my favorite thing about Texas is the spring and it's blue bonnet lined highways.  This year was probably the best EVER for viewing the gorgeous state flower.  It didn't matter what kind of day I was having.  As soon as I started driving down these roads and seeing these beautiful flowers, I couldn't help but smile.  Everywhere I went these little beauties greeted me.  They're seriously EVERYWHERE!!  They're in backyards, front yards, lining the highways and in parks. You can't escape them, not that you'd ever want to.  Truly a gift from God to be surrounded by such splendor.   

When the blue bonnets go away, spring is no yet over.  Soon the fields of the yellow flowers appear and after they die off, we get fields of brown eyed susans.  This is when my love affair with Texas gets a little out of control.  Of course I force my children to get dressed up so we can take their pictures with the bonnets.  This time we drove all the way to Dripping Springs and realized I had forgotten my camera.  After finally retrieving my camera and hearing Eliza scream the entire drive, we decided to stick around our neighborhood instead of going back.  Circle C didn't disappoint.  We had fields upon fields of blue bonnets just waiting to be frolicked through!! 

Sadie was very sweet and held Liza the whole time while I took WAY too many pictures.  
Eliza eventually fell asleep after her 30 minute tantrum in the car.  
  

The boys weren't too excited about taking pictures with flowers.  Where were the garbage trucks, race cars and ninjas? 
Basically this was as good as it was going to get when you place two young lads in a field of purple flowers.  
Wahoo!!  They're sooooo excited!!
Jack was especially grumpy because he got motion sickness in the car and is also pretty allergic to all these flowers.  His poor little eyes do not like the spring season.  They get really puffy and itchy.  So when I mentioned before that you can't escape the blue bonnets, I was speaking of Jack.  Poor kid! 

George is always fun to take pictures of because he hasn't entered the stage of awkward smiling.  
I love that his eyes are as vibrant as the flowers!
 And he's wearing his angry eyes too!! 
One night Chase took the three older kids to church scouts and YM.  I took advantage of the quiet opportunity to take Eliza and I on a peaceful drive.  She isn't usually a big fan of the car, but this night, she just slept while I drove through more fields of blue bonnets.  I just couldn't get enough of them!! 
I want to live here!! 
Across the street are some barns with horses and sheep.  Man alive, these animals have the best sitting rooms on earth!  I love that these roads are just up the street from our house.  I also just love Texas.  Pretty soon I'll be cursing the heat and mosquitoes, but for now, I'm relishing these lovely spring days that point my eyes up to heaven a little more often. 

No comments: