The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, April 10, 2009

Heaven!!


This is for you Barcelona return missionaries who remember why us sisters gained 20 pounds in the beautiful country of Spain. It could have been the Napoletanas, the Nutella filled scones, or the tortilla de patata but I'm pretty sure it was the pounds of "flautas" we bought every week. I have fond memories of my favorite candy store in Badalona. We went there every week to stock up on our favorite licorice whips. How I wish I could be standing in the the same place right now. Lucky for me Morgan and Geoff Cotti returned from Spain a couple of weeks ago and brought me an extra special surprise. I tried to remain calm when they handed over the most coveted "dulce" of my world. I thanked them over and over again but if they really knew how appreciative I am they would take me for a loony. Thanks again Cottis who made not just my day but probably my whole year!!

5 comments:

Scott McMillan said...

20 pounds in my dreams...try 40 pounds! Those were good, I forgot about them.

Scott McMillan said...

20 pounds in my dreams...try 40 pounds! Those were good, I forgot about them.

A. Cobb Family said...

i am sooooooo jealous!!!!!!

Morgan said...

De nada chica! I hope you enjoyed them!

Lori Moody said...

Wow...I'm so glad to know that you miss those as much as I do! I feel guilty for a couple of things...taking the picture of you in our favorite candy store, accompanying and probably forcing you to go there on some occasions, gasping outloud when I saw the picture of my favorite candy, and coveting every single bite you had...pathetic! But they are DIVINE!!!!! Love ya!