The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, April 12, 2009

"No mom, they're blossoms"

My favorite time of year has arrived. SPRING!!! Somehow the freezing winters all become worth it (not really) when we can finally see the famous D.C. Cherry Blossoms. They really are breathtaking. We dedicated two days to their arrival and tours both the Potomac Tidal Basin and my favorite neighborhood of Kenwood in Maryland. I told Sadie they were like popcorn popping on the tree and she replied "no Mom, they're blossoms."


I think I actually prefer Kenwood over the Tidal Basin. There are still quite a few people there but it's not nearly as crowded as going downtown to D.C. I have to thank my Grandma again for giving us the Kenwood tip. She went there nearly 30 years ago when they lived in Mclean.

I almost feel like a bad mother for not posting more pictures of the baby bump. When I was pregnant with Sadie, friends and family received a picture every month. So this is for the baby boy. 8 months and counting!!!

No comments: