The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, April 10, 2009

My Guy!!

Today is my main man's birthday. We all love Chase, how could you not? Here's why I love him even more this year:

1) He's so optimistic. Most law graduate students from Georgetown are pretty depressed right now in this failing economy to find there isn't a firm in town who is hiring. Chase always tells me "don't worry Toots, we are going to be just fine" and the best part is I totally believe him.

2) He landed another job with Judge Begeh at the United States Tax Court for the next year so we really will be "just fine."

3) Even though I get bigger and bigger every day he still makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman on the planet.

4) He didn't laugh at me when I got a rare pregnancy rash a couple of months ago and had red concentrated dots all over my body. He even helped me put the medicine on my back where I couldn't reach.

5) He has the most amazing bond with Sadie. It reminds me of the one I have with my Dad. I hope she knows how blessed she is to have a father who loves and cares for her the way Chase does.

6)Even though Luna discontinued my favorite flavor of Luna Bar (Chocolate Pecan Pie).....never do this to a pregnant woman, in secret Chase spent an entire afternoon calling 20 different stores in the D.C. area to find one who had a box left over. He found them after walking a mile from the Metro stop in downtown D.C. and brought two boxes home for me.

7) He is passionate about exercising and healthy food and doesn't complain when I make chocolate chip cookies with whole wheat flower.

8) He lets me sleep in on Saturday's and usually brings me a delicious super smoothie or a plate of chocolate crepes.

9) The man can make crepes!!!

10) He surprised me with tickets to Chicago the other night and held my hand the entire show.

11) He's my very best friend. I'd rather spend time with him than anyone. I get so excited for him to come home from work everyday and love watching Sadie run into his arms.

12) He's the kind of person you feel will never judge you. I can tell Chase anything and I know he will love me no matter what.

13) He wins the medal for being the hottest bald man on earth.

14) He looks pretty darn cute whenever he plays the cello.

He's my everything and my entire world. I don't know what I did to deserve him but I'm sure happy he picked me!!!

The day was pretty hectic. Chase was awakened with a delicious meal (cooked by yours truly) including a spinach and cheese omelet, potato and sweet potato fries, toast, apples, and a Sports Illustrated...of course. We ended up going to three other birthday parties none of which were for Chase. It just happened to be one of those Saturday's. We skipped out on the last one, headed to Outback Steakhouse for his "annual steak" (I never cook steak)and then headed downtown to see the Cherry Blossom Festival's fireworks.

When we returned we had Chase's favorite dessert, Angel Food Cake with Chocolate Whipped Cream. Sadie only ate the whipped cream and couldn't get enough of it!! As you can probably guess, Chase fell of the "no sugar" wagon weeks ago.

No comments: