The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bear Lake

We miss the Gardners so so so much that it was such a treat to be invited to their Bear Lake cabin for a couple of days. We had so much fun. The days were spent on the boat, playing on the beach, and eating yummy food.
The girls just ran around and played which always makes our job as parents WAY easier. Sadie had her first tubing experience. She wasn't scared at all. It helped to have her buddy Lizzy show her how it's done:-)Once the kids were asleep we just talked like we used to into the wee hours of the morning and occasionally tried to chase an inhabited chipmunk from the family room. He later left his mark all over the couch. How dare we trespass on HIS territory!!
One afternoon while we were eating outside we noticed that it had been pretty quiet for a while and although enjoying every minute with out the demanding three year olds, we ventured into the house to see what was going on. At first I went in and heard the girls giggling and jumping on the bed down the hallway. They were having so much fun I didn't want to disturb them but once Jess heard their squeals of laughter she decided we had better investigate.

We opened the door and found our girls all "dressed up" and eating an entire Costco tub of Laffy Taffy's and another tub of Redvines. There were wrappers all over the bed and licorice all over the room. I probably should have been mad but I thought it was too funny to not take a few pictures. No wonder they were so quiet. They were having the time of their lives!!
Speaking of "dressing up", Jess surprised us with a smashing new outfit!! I vaguely remember wearing one of those Laura Ashley rompers in elementary school. My mom and I had matching ones:-) I guess her clothes were in the dryer (likely story) and she had nothing else to wear. She did let me take a few shots of her in all her glory. Love that girl!!
Before we left we went to dinner and got some delicious Bear Lake Raspberry shakes. Everyone had a wonderful time. Thanks again Gardners for giving us a much needed waterski run and a fabulous dosage of "John and Jess." We couldn't have asked for a better time.

Jack was a champ. Other than his occasional "up the back" blowouts, he slept on the boat, slept through the night, and was all smiles the whole trip. What a great baby!!

P.S. I had to add these shots I got of Tommi. This kid is hilarious and it doesn't hurt that he's pretty cute too.

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Oh I miss bear lake! We use to go there every summer! Jack has gotten so big!! I can't get over it! I'm still getting use to seeing you with two kids and now he's become a little baby and not a newborn anymore. Love all the blessing pics what a dolly he is.

Gardner's said...

Oh... those pictures made me laugh so hard!! I can't believe you posted me in that hideous romper I found in the closet (classic). The pics of the kids were so cute, it was so fun to be with you guys...I think that is a new summer tradition when you guys come home for visits! we miss you tons!!

Morgan said...

Oh man, we miss hanging with the Cannons and the Gardners. Wait...we still live by each other! Seriously, us both having newborns is seriously getting in the way of our social lives. My sister is in town this weekend, but lets hang out the weekend after. For reals.