The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Weber

We seem to always be in town for the summer and thus always end up at the family cabin up Weber Canyon. It's starting to become a tradition. I surely hope it continues because it's probably my favorite things to do when we're in Utah. We had a pretty rough night last year so we decided to just drive home once every one else retired for the evening. Cannons stay up late!! It's just too much fun talking to everyone and watching the kids play together. After a fun filled day of hiking, throwing rocks in the water, making smores, and playing with cousins, Sadie and Jack were pooped. We ended up leaving around 10:30 and didn't get into our beds until 1 a.m. Maybe we should have just stayed over night. We'll try it next year once Jack is for sure sleeping through the night. Thanks again Jim and Connie for a wonderful day at the Weber. It's almost worth flying into Utah just for a couple of hours up that beautiful canyon.I wonder if Sadie will ever grow tired of throwing rocks in the water. We went on a long hike with Jack strapped in the front pack and Sadie on Chase's shoulders. The main attraction for Sadie was the waterfall and the rocks...of course. My kids are troopers. We made it about 2 miles before we had to turn around to feed Jack.
I swear I get the same picture every year of Sadie feeding this same horse. She's getting more and more timid around them. Last year she wanted to pet them and give them grass, this year she wanted to hold me and throw the grass in their general direction.

I
Sadie and her favorite Uncle Curtis. I hate to put all the other men in the family to shame but Sadie has her favorite and it's Uncle Curtis. He is the most playful guy and I'm sure he wishes he could have a break from all the grand kids for a while, but he continues to play with them although we know how demanding they can be. He is one dedicated Uncle and has won his title amongst all the kids. It's rare to see him with out at least one kid hanging on his shoulders or dragging on his leg. One day as we were leaving Curtis for a short time Sadie turned to me and said "I miss Uncle Curtis...." I replied that we would see him soon and she said "but I love him...I will miss him." He's definitely won her heart.


Whenever Sadie and Jack are together I can't get over how big she looks!! Sadie will often say to me as she is grabbing Jack's head (loving aggression:-) "look at us cute little sisters." I think she wants to say "look at us cute little kids" but it always comes out as "sisters." Hopefully one day we can provide her with a sister, but as for me...I am loving my little, easy going, baby boy.








Until next year!!

No comments: