The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Bithday Roast!!

Today, 34 years ago, my devilishly handsome husband was born. He seems to think that turning 34 isn't really a reason to celebrate. It's not a very monumental birthday like turning 30, 50 or 100 but I am still overly thrilled that Jim and Connie Cannon brought my sweet Chase into this world. So thrilled, in fact, that I'm bursting to state all the reasons why this world of ours would be quite dull without his presence:

1: Even though he had bottle cap classes, braces, and a pretty bad haircut, he was still the most popular kid on the block.

2: His sweet nature attracts people like a magnet. You can't help but love this guy!

3: One of his nostrils is lower than the other so when he sniffs, it's pretty hilarious.

4: When he rubs his eyes he uses his pinky finger and I think it's adorable.

5: He's been known to water ski naked with his buddies.

6: When he gets home from work, he immediately puts on his slippers, sweats, and a t-shirt.

7: He ties his tie kind of thick at the top because he's convinced it makes his neck look thinner.

8: He secretly would LOVE to go tanning if we could get a babysitter.

9: When he puts on chapstick just a small swipe on the lower lip is all that's necessary.

10: One night he had to go to the emergency room because there was too much wax in his ears.

11: All he wants for his birthday is a basketball and a football but I'm not allowed to pick it out myself. It needs his approval.

12: He always gives me the bigger half of a cookie.

13: When I came home from a girl's night I found him all snuggled up with Sadie in her bed. They were holding hands. He LOVES to snuggle with Sades.

14: He still claims that his blond perm was "really cool" at Highland High because he was the only guy who had one.

15: He asked his mom for a perm, not once but several times through out highschool.

16: He has WAY better legs than me.

17: One of his teeth on the left "snaggle tooth" is a little crooked and I think it's the cutest thing in the world.

18: He can whistle with his teeth and does a great impersonation of the beaver in Winnie the Pooh.

19: I am ONE of his favorite people and am proud to be at the top of his list with John Elway, Papi, and John Stockton.

20: He will NEVER let me have a mini van no matter how much I beg because even though he rides a scooter to the Metro every day, he says they are too "gay."
21: He's got a great set of eyebrows. He probably has more eyebrows than he has hair on his head:-)

22: He has about three large boxes of cd cases in storage and refuses to throw them away because the albums mean too much to him.

23: He and his brothers followed U2 on their tour for a couple of weeks and saw WAY too many shows.

24: He's convinced that if he were a foot taller, he would have definitely made it to the NBA.

25: He says "booo" under his breath whenever he sees a large women wearing spandex.

26: He sits on my feet to make them warm.




27: He sometimes smiles like Elvis with one side of his mouth. Mr. Jack has the same little quirk.

28: He insists on having cable so he can watch ESPN for sometimes 5 minutes to check the scores. During football season, we pay extra for the Mountain package so he can watch his beloved UTES.

29: He thinks it's cool to run a marathon in Death Valley during the hottest weekend of the year (130 degrees) and actually lived to tell the tale.

30: He'll dance in the aisles with me at the grocery store.

31: He's a mellow fellow and calms me down when I'm a hysterically hyper basket case.

32: He's an amazing father and his kids are OBSESSED with him. He and Sadie spend about 2 hours every Saturday building a new train track and Jack is always content to just chill in his arms.

33: He's my best friend and no matter how challenging life can be at times, he always makes it better.

34: I love him because not only is he extremely good looking (noted above), but you can't get him down. He is the most positive person I know and has an amazing amount of faith. I depend on him and know that he will always be there for me and our family. He's truly the greatest man I know right up there with my Dad and Mr. Darcy. I guess you can say he's at the top of my list too.

Happy Birthday Chase!! You are loved!!

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

That made me smile...so adorable!

Jill T said...

Had to laugh when I read that he was right up there with Mr. Darcy :) Happy Birthday Chase!

Zanny said...

That was so well-written! I loved reading each and every one. It's sweet you notice his cute quirks and love him for them. You're so darling!