The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blogger vs. Facebook

Lately I've felt like Facebook has taken over my blog. I rarely take pictures anymore unless it's with my IPhone and they usually turn out like this...blurry and flashy. And because I took it on my phone, it's usually uploaded to Facebook first. I don't know why this makes me sad. I feel like I'm neglecting a person, not just my blog. I heard from someone that Facebook is the biggest threat to Bloggers these days and I can totally see why. It is such a ridiculous waste of time and I'm totally hooked! (The real addiction is actually my IPhone...if I got rid of that we'd have no issue here:-) I guess I just like to know what my friends are doing AT ALL TIMES! I recognize my addiction and have resolved to spend more time blogging. This is my family journal for Pete's sake! Facebook can't turn my profile into a book one day. Blogger can, so I'm banking on my first love and hopefully the treasure of having our lives written down and recorded will make all the FB deprivation worth it. Now about this picture. We went to the rodeo that night so Sadie had to take a nap. This is rare and only occurs when we'll be out late. Chase LOVES taking naps with Sadie. Who wouldn't want to snuggle with that little peanut? The only downside is Sadie's tendency to turn into little oven when she sleeps and you wake up way warmer than you want to be while sleeping. The snuggle makes it all worth the discomfort. The little leopard in the picture totally cracks me up because it used to be Chase's when he was a little guy. Connie gave it to him when Sadie was born and Sadie always brings it into Chase in the morning. She can't understand how he cold possibly forget to take him to bed with him that night. We're so glad she's watching out for us. When Chase was in Dallas for a business trip I found the leopard on his side of the bed every morning, filling Dad's void.

1 comment:

j and k said...

I am in L.O.V.E! Your kids are so cute! I wish I could snuggle with your little incubator and I just love those big eyes! Tell Sadie if I can ever get there to visit, I am a wicked Go Fish player! :-)