The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sadie's testimony

The other day while we were sitting in Sacrament meeting Chase suggested she bear her testimony and tell everyone about her little miracle when he blessed her and she was healed. She asked me if she could eat as many licorice whips she wanted if she went up there and I said, "why not." I really wanted to see if she would be brave enough to go up there. She was. Anything for candy, but I genuinely think she wanted to tell everyone about her miraculous recovery from itchy, watery eyes. Chase went up there with her and it went a little like this:

"Hi everyone, my name is Sadie. I have really bad allergies. they make my eyes puffy....(pause) and they itch. My Dad gave me a blessing that I would be healed. He said if I believed in Jesus, I would be healed. I believed and guess what....(pause) I was healed. My eyes don't itch anymore because I had faith in Jesus. I believe in Jesus and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ...Amen."

It was the sweetest little testimony I've ever heard. As her mother I was of course all choked up and watery, and so amazingly proud of my sweet, faithful little Sadie. Every person that saw her told her what a good job she did and thanked her for her testimony. After all the praise, she's decided she wants to bear her testimony every month. I always think it's cute when kids get up there but I wonder if they understand what they are really doing. You don't get up just to have fun in front of the microphone. We've all experienced the "kids tesitmony meeting" where only about three adults get a word in edge wise.

I explained to Sades that because she bore her testimony, she made others happy and helped them to believe in Jesus. She also was able to show Heavenly Father her gratitude for the blessing he bestowed. Hopefully the licorice was just an afterthought.

The church is true!! I loved Sadie's testimony because it reaffirmed to me that the priesthood is real and that we still see miracles in these latter days. So, sorry to get all preachy on you, but I had to record that. Such a sweet experience for everyone in the room that day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is super sweet Abby! Thank you for sharing. Honestly, my testimony has been strengthened because I know that girl suffered from allergies! So beautiful :)