The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Hunt of Our Own

After the joke of a hunt the day before, the Easter Bunny TOTALLY redeemed himself on Sunday morning. There were eggs everywhere and the kids were going crazy waiting for us slow poke parents to get out of bed already!


We were mean and made them eat breakfast first instead of feasting on Kit Kats, Reeses, Jelly Beans and Rolos. I was pretty amazed at how patient they were. Can you see all the eggs in the background? That could be a form of torture for a kid. I know it was for me Christmas morning waiting for Emily to finally wake up.


Some were more patient than others. I didn't even know Sadie could make such a face! It's probably one of those contortions I hope to never see again. Kind of funny though.





After breakfast we got our cameras ready and the hunt began. The older kids helped their younger siblings find the eggs in plain view and it was chaos for about 10 minutes.





Then it was time to assess the loot.





I love these next two pics of Jack. First of all I love how handsome and adorable he is and second of all, I love that he organized his jelly beans in color groups.


I didn't notice this until I looked at the pictures when we got home. He must be a genius!


After everyone settled down we got out Sadie's comic strip scriptures and read about Jesus' Resurrection. We also read my favorite Easter book The Country Bunny.


It's a long book and some kids lost interest, but also being one of Sadie's favorite stories, she hung around till the end. I love her!






No comments: