The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Port Aransas with the Winegars and Willards

We have some fun friends that live up in Georgetown that we love seeing every once in a while. Sadie LOVES Lucy and Savannah so whenever we can get them together to play they have a fantastic time. We really looked forward to this beach vacation because Sadie would have built in playmates for three whole days. That makes our job as parents a whole lot easier. Just about every day in April Sadie asked if we were going to the beach yet. It was an agonizing wait but we finally made it after a four hour drive.
We stayed at Cinnamon Shores in Port Aransas and it is the cutest little community of darling, pastel color beach houses. I felt like I was walking through a Martha Stewart Catalog. The house was adorable and perfect for three small families. We put the babies in the walk in closets and the kids slept on the floor with mats.
The best part about the whole vacation was having so many fun people to hang out with. I had a great time getting to know the Willards (some of the coolest BYU people I've ever met:-) and a hilarious time reminiscing with Katherine over our old Chi Omega days. The kids got a long swimmingly and the husbands talked sports. What else would they talk about? Other than the power going out on the island our last night, it was a perfect vacation. Even the power outage was kind of fun.
Every morning whoever was in charge of breakfast turned Backyardigans on for the kiddos so the other parents could sleep in. I love how hypnotized they are in this picture. We all know Sadie is an early riser. It turns out all the other kids are too, especially when sleeping in such a fun beach house. They found plastic mermaid martini toppers in the house and that was their entertainment for a couple of days. That and Angry Birds on all of their parents iPhones.
Our house was right on the nearby lake so if you walked outside our bedroom there was a beautiful view of a cute bridge and sparkly lights at night. It felt a lot like Balboa Island. We tried fishing but didn't catch anything. Did you know I've never caught a fish? Probably a good thing. I'd probably cry if I did. I don't like hurting wild life. I don't mind eating ones that someone else killed though.
It was fun having Dana there because not only is she great company but I loved talking to her about her blog. You've probably heard of it: www.dana-made-it.com. It's my new favorite blog to read. She takes such amazing photographs and even though I can't sew, I love looking at the the creations she makes every week. It was also nice having another person there who takes as many pictures as I do. I took pics of her and her kids and she did the same for me. Sometimes it's nice when someone else is taking the pics for a change. I'm the only one who does it in my family and it's gets a little exhausting after a while.
She took these pictures of Jack and me and I LOVE them. He looks so handsome in these photos. Such a little bruiser. I love my little Jack and she captured us so well.
Chase sat out there for a while one morning taking turns with all the kids. Still no luck. Our neighbor caught one after having the hook in there 20 seconds so we thought it would be an entertaining activity for the kiddos. It was still fun even though there were no fish to be had. I love this picture of little Sadie and her dad. There's something so special between a dad and his little girl. I love watching these two together.


No comments: