The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Graduate!!

Sadie's graduation ceremony was hilarious!! Literally...Chase and I were laughing hysterically. The songs the kids sang were so ridiculously cheesy that suppressing laughter would have only made it worse. They sang songs like "He's (God) still working on me, to make me who I ought (Sadie says "off") to be, it took him just a week to make the moon and stars, the sun, the earth and Jupiter and Mars. Loving, patient he must be...he's still working on me." Another one goes like this..."HEY (shouting with fists in the air) JESUS LOVES ME...HEY JESUS LOVES ME!!!" Imagine a kid xylophone in the background and hundreds of toddlers belting the words out at the top of their lungs.
Now try to imagine a larger girl standing next to a smaller, thinner boy whose actions are so strong she ends up practically punching this poor boy next to her every time they scream "HEY" which is at least 30 times throughout the song. Everyone around us who noticed this small form of violence was laughing pretty hard too.
Quite entertaining I must say. Sadie is now officially done with preschool which means I don't have to pay tuition anymore. HOORAY!!! She loved her teacher Mrs. Rice and I'm convinced she got the greatest teacher in the school, totally by default. She and her friend Addy became the best of friends as they were in the same class. I love that they practically sang every song to each other during the ceremony.
Next up...Kindergarten!!

1 comment:

Gardner's said...

I am laughing so hard right now!! Tell me you got the singing on video! The songs sound hilarious! Even though lizzy went to the presbyterian preschool both her teachers were LDS (hello Utah) and the songs were not near as entertaining! loved this post!