The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Closer to 40 than 30


Chase is officially a middle aged man, well kind of.  I guess you have to be 40 to claim that status but he doesn't like having close proximity to his fourth decade.  We partied anyway because we love our Chase and he deserves to be celebrated.  It was a busy day for me.  We started out with some visiting teaching and then I raced home to cook all of his favorite foods before I had to take a cake to his work for all the colleagues.  I estimated that after the work cake, frosting, home birthday cake (angel food), whipped topping, and shepherds pie (his favorite dinner...yuck!) I used my Kitchen Aid 5 times.  I literally cooked all day and then headed to NFP with the three kids in tow.  Everyone loved the Chicago Cinnamon cake and wanted to eat little George too.

When Chase came home he ate his shepherd's pie (the rest of us had something else:-) and then we sang Happy Birthday!

We all blew out the candles (I could only find tea lights:-) and gobbled up the angel food cake. 

Shopping for each other is kind of funny because if he really wants something he usually just goes out and buys it.  In the past month he's already purchased himself a new lawnmower, and some ridiculously ugly basketball shoes which he insists are TOTALLY cool because they're original throwbacks from 1992 (he forgets that the early 90's weren't kind to fashion:-). 

So I bought him practical gifts instead like a new set of pillows (he destroys a pillow about every month just by sleeping on it), his favorite trail mix, some gardening gloves and I surprised him with another casserole of shepherds pie in the freezer.  He can eat it when we're in Utah this summer. 

I love this man so much!  He gets better looking every year.  I can't wait for the eye candy his middle age years will bring. 

No comments: