The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, April 20, 2012

On a pillow of blue bonnets and a blanket made of stars


Ever since we moved to Texas we have greatly anticipated seeing the blue bonnets.  They never came last year because of the terrible drought so we continued to wait. Texas received a lot of rain this winter so we were blessed with an array of spectacular wildflowers.  I was told there is a field about an hour away covered with specs of blue.  We tried to make it out there almost every weekend and something always got in the way.  Next year for sure I'll plant the kids in that field and take the "blue bonnet picture" that every Texan has in their home.  We did find some small patches near our neighborhood.  Aren't they pretty? They lined the highways and brightened my day.  I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, I LOVE TEXAS!!

No comments: