The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, April 7, 2012

MIMI!!!

Mimi came for a visit and we had so much fun. So much in fact that we didn't have time to take pictures. This is the only one I took of Mimi. The pictures I didn't take were of her reading countless books to Sadie and Jack. Snuggling George while I helped Sadie with her homework. Discussing how much we love Mitt Romeny and hate his opponents (Santorum/Gingrich). Helping Sadie count backwards from 100 after Mom got too frustrated (sleep deprivation gives me a short fuse these days:-). Painting Sadie's fingernails, and making delicious dinners. Shopping with me at Costco, Target, Book People, and Anthro (of course). Eating pistachio gelato at Whole Foods as she tells me "more cream so you can make cream." Having lunch with Sadie in the school courtyard, enjoying the BEAUTIFUL bluebonnets and yellow flowers on every corner. Helping Jack build big towers and just being here to keep me company. I LOVE MY MOM!!!
We even went downtown to show Mimi the bat bridge in hopes that they'd be back from their Mexican adventure. They were! I'm so glad she got to see such "weirdness." That's what Austin is known for:-) We were also able to get our first picture taken as a family of 5. Thanks Mimi for coming and for letting me exhale for a couple of days.

No comments: