The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, April 19, 2015

You Say It's Your Birthday!

It's April again and that means it's party time.  I have to admit, I get VERY antsy this time of year.  I used to love planning birthday parties for the older kids, but now it's just becoming a dark cloud that lurks around until the parties are over!  
Chase and I like to keep things simple for each other.  I made some Tres Leches for his work buddies and brought group B (George and Eliza) in to say hello.  This was Eliza's official debut at NFP!  Everyone loved her and we had a lovely little visit. 
Breakfast in bed!!  I was NOT on top of things this year.  I totally forgot to get the bread to make him some french toast, so he got an omelet instead. It didn't look very good (and I doubt it tasted any better) but everything looks great on a "you are special" plate.  We love our daddy so much!!  Maybe next year I'll be less sleep deprived and he can get his french toast!



Chase wanted to go to dinner with his favorite peeps, so I texted all the wives and we met at a yummy pizza place downtown.  The pizza was so good, we decided we needed fried donut holes at the trailer across the street too.  Yum!!  The sad thing about this picture is that half the people are moving away from Austin.  I feel bad for Chase.  I feel like all his friends are moving away!!  I'm losing some great friends too, but I still have a lot of people here that I love.  


The Lunts went to the wrong Pizza place, couldn't find a parking space and then got so frustrated, they went home. We missed those guys!!


For my birthday I told Chase I didn't want to do ANYTHING special.  I was just TIRED!!  I wanted to eat a yummy dinner and go to bed!  He asked if I was sure I didn't want anyone else to come to dinner with us and I wasn't kidding when I said "no."  I was too tired for conversation.  Too tired to be polite.  I just wanted to VERY low key night.  


I guess 35 is a big birthday.  I had no idea until people started telling me. I honestly forget my birthday some years.  It's just not that big of a deal to me.  I asked Julie to come get a pedicure with me, I went shopping at the Domain by myself, and that was totally good enough for me.  Chase had other plans for the evening.  We took Eliza with us to Jack Allen's and on the drive back I kept saying how excited I was to go to bed!!  Chase was acting strange and I started accusing him of planning something even though I told him not to.  He denied planning anything but I didn't believe him.  I got to the point that I told him I didn't want to go home because I was afraid people were there.  I honestly DID NOT want to celebrate my birthday with anyone else!!  He religiously told me that I could go home and that I didn't have to worry.  


So we walked in and the first thing I see are balloons and a ton of treats on the table, then all my friends popped out from behind the counter!  I was slightly surprised, slightly angry and slightly grateful I have a husband who appreciates a girl's night even when his girl isn't up for one.  Of course I burst into tears!  I always cry when I'm embarrassed or scared, I had sadly realized that I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon, and I was just totally overwhelmed by all these amazing women that I love so much!!  When you have a baby, you sometimes get into a funk.  You never leave your house because the baby is always sleeping and you never see your friends anymore because you're too tired to go out at night or meet at the park in the morning.  After a while you feel like people have forgotten about you, and that's ok, because you know you brought it upon yourself for never getting out, but it's still kind of sad.  
Seeing all these wonderful ladies jump out from behind that counter made me realize that I have the greatest friends in the world.  They aren't seasonal, or fair weather.  Even if they haven't seen me in a while, I know they would drop anything to help me.  I'm bummed because four of these sweet women are moving away this summer.  Life will be so dull with out them! They always make it hard to say goodnight! So, even though I went to bed at 2 a.m, I went to bed with a full heart! Happy Birthday to me!!

The next morning I got some crepes in bed! We're tired, we're actually exhausted, but we are so grateful for another year of good health, wonderful family, and a  home over our heads.  Feeling very blessed and grateful!
And a huge shout out to Trader Joe's.  When the cashier found out it was my birthday, he gave me a bouquet of hydrangeas for free!!  One more reason (in addition to the current million) I love that store!!


No comments: