The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, September 22, 2008

10 Years!!!

While in Utah I attended my East High School 10 year reunion. I was one of those people who really didn't want to leave high school. I loved it!! I loved having all my favorite people under one roof all at the same time. It was also such a carefree time of life. No worries as far as the eye can see except an occasional nasty girl comment or a boy treating you like dirt (no one in particular...no brain storming now.) The day of graduation was a sad one for me so naturally I was VERY excited to return ten years later to see everyone again.
Chase wasn't too excited about accompanying me. If there's one thing I can say about Chase is he's pretty accommodating and will normally go along with whatever, but for some reason, he wasn't too keen on attending my reunion. I of course made him go with me anyway. I couldn't show up with out him. I needed him for support and also wanted to show off what a catch he is.
The best part of the story is that Chase LOVED my reunion. A bunch of my friends married guys that Chase either went to school with at Highland or are "really cool" in Chase's eyes. He spent the majority of the night talking to Spencer Jenkins, Tom Henriod, and Adam Beckstrom, Stan Bonnemort, and Behrad. It was a relief that I didn't have to worry about him but he was always available when I was sick of the small talk. Actually I was pretty surprised how little small talk there really was. Now that everyone blogs it's so easy to keep up with what they're doing. It made our conversations way easier and better flowing than the usual "where are you living now", or "what does your husband do." It was great. Lauren did a great job putting the whole thing together. I was very impressed with the whole event.
There were a lot of people that weren't able to make it but the greatest void was definitley our best friend Kim who had to stay home because her daughter Grace was diagnosed with Luekemia. She was sorely missed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! I missed mine because I was so sick with Jude. It was really sad. I remember trying to get up that day and get ready and it was pointless. If I had tried to go they would have thought I was on my death bed...nope just pregnant, isn't it great! ;)

Glad you got to go! Love all the pics!

Jenn & Cardy said...

Thanks for all your help with the reunion blog, you did a fabulous job! It was great to see you at the reunion(and all the girls for that matter).