The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Weber

On our way from the West coast to the East we had a little (three week) pit stop in Utah. I wonder if my parents are sick of us staying there for all of our "pit stops." Now that we are officially in one place (D.C.) there probably won't be as many in the future. We love visiting Utah. It was especially fun to go to the Cannon family cabin up Weber Canyon.

This is one of those places that could be compared to heaven. I love Weber Canyon. We had a great time throwing rocks in the water...of course...are you surprised? We also went on hikes, had boat races, and long conversations into the night after the kids were asleep. The best part was that the entire Cannon family was there.

This is pretty remarkable seeing that the last time we were all together (including missionaries) was like 10 years ago. I wasn't even a Cannon the last time they all congregated. The cabin is small and we fit all 11 adults, 6 kids, 3 toddlers, and 1 infant into it's walls. Here's some pictures:


Sadie and Dad looking for skipping rocks. I finally learned how to skip rocks after 20 years of living with a brother who could do it and gleak too. I never could learn his tricks. I've now mastered one of them.
I love love love this picture. She didn't know I was taking it and has such a happy, content look on her face.
The boat race!! It's a tradition in the Cannon family to make their own boats out of whatever and send them down the river in a race they call the "Regatta." Pops waits at the end to see who wins. The kids really got into it and Holden won the race!! Mills came in second. I think the Chris Cannon family is doping.



3 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Utah is such a beautiful place!! I love all your pictures! Sadie is such a little dollie!

Lilly said...

Hi cute Abbie! It was so fun seeing you guys and your cute babies and catching up with you while you were here in Utah!! Oh wait... thanks for nothing.

Crushed feelings aside, you guys look like you are doing great! YAY!! We love you! We need to chat on the phone soon! I'll leave that up to you as a way to make it up to me ;)

j and k said...

Cute cute pictures! Sadie looks so old in the picture on her own!