The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm sad:-(

When I heard our ward was splitting I thought the news was handled pretty well considering there would probably be some significant changes (I don't do very well with change). We all talked amongst one another reassuring ourselves that even though we're in different wards...we'd still hang out. However, I felt like it was the first day of school when I walked into church today. I kept peeking around the chapel to see if I recognized anyone from the "old ward" and saw a few familiar faces. When I took Sades to nursery that's when I had to hold back a few tears. When we walked in Sadie didn't want me to let her go. To tell you the truth, I didn't want to let her go. All her little buddies are in the other ward now. She didn't recognize anyone! I think she would have stayed because she loves nursery but I used her as my crutch to walk out before anyone saw the tears well up in my eyes. We both mustered up some courage and she finally went back in and actually had a great time. Leave it to me to be a bigger wimp than my three year old. I am excited to meet all the new families in our ward and glad that I still have a few friends to sit with in Relief Society, but a small part of me feels a little excluded. I feel like I've been kicked out of a very fun club because nearly everyone I hang out with is in the other ward. I think the real reason why I'm a little blue is because I worry about Sadie. Call her a crutch or not, but I'm sad that there isn't one little girl her age in the entire ward whereas before there were five or six. The mama bear in me has kicked in and I want her friends back!! I know the pioneers left their homes and families behind and I can certainly go to a different ward, but that doesn't mean it's not going to sting a little. I don't like change. I don't like it one bit. So sorry for the complaining post but I just feel a little sad today.

3 comments:

Lilly said...

This is terrible! I can completely understand that you would be sad about such a thing! Major bummer!

Jill T said...

Sorry Abbs, That is hard. I'm proud of Sadie for going to nursery anyway! What a champ!

Eliza said...

I hear ya. It's tough to be the ones "left behind." One good thing for Theo is that there were very few little boys his age in the "old" ward anyway. But I was still anxious to see whether he would enjoy nursery since most of his (mostly girl) friends are now in the other ward too. I'm glad Sadie had fun, although I'm sad there are no little girls her age!

Since I am in Primary and don't go to Relief Society, you'll have to introduce me to all the cool new people you meet in our new ward, and I can introduce you to the cool new Primary teachers. :)