The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Five months!!

Jack is 5 months old. Of course, being his mother I think he's extremely handsome!! I seriously can't stop taking pictures of this little fellow. His face is just too cute. He's doing a lot these days. He pulls himself up to a sitting position but falls forward pretty easily. He can't keep his balance quite yet. He's rolling over both back and front and on a good day I can make him laugh pretty hard. Eating some oatmeal cereal has been his biggest milestone yet. Sadie didn't start solids until 6 months but I felt like Jack was still hungry after nursing, so we introduced solids a little earlier with him.


He can't sit up yet so we tried the bumbo. I have since purchased a tray to keep him a little more contained. He seemed to like the cereal but didn't like being confined. He didn't sleep any better between naps so maybe I was wrong to assume he was still hungry after nursing.
However, I can't complain because although he takes little cat naps through out the day, he sleeps soundly through the night and into the morning. He takes a great morning nap but usually likes to sleep on my chest during the late afternoon. A bad habit, I know, but I love it too much to stop.
He loves putting everything in his mouth from my fingers to his rattles. His new favorite toy is Sadie's plastic necklace which he can only play with while she's at preschool. We're still learning to share at the Cannon home. I love this little guy SO much. I just can't get enough of him. As you can see he's the happiest little guy with a very sweet disposition. I have such great kids!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Darger Party of 3 said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!! Sadie looks thrilled!! Ok now I need a tutorial for posting video. Help me!!

The Beckstroms said...

Love the updates. Too cute. Your children are darling and hilarious! Yea, we only live an hour from Lebanon so if you ever visit your sis, call me we can meet! Glad you guys are doing well. Love the wigs and billy bobs...good good times.