The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Fourth

When I was a little girl I always did the same ridiculous grin in every picture. I'm sure my parents tried to dissuade me from looking like a hooligan, but determined as I was, the grin kept on smiling. Sadie will one day look back on her pictures and find the same scenario.

I can't figure out why it's so hard for her to just smile with out making a goofy face. At first it was frustrating but now I realize that she's making some pretty hilarious memories. This first picture is a real keeper. Our only issue with Jack is his scowl which really isn't an issue, just cute:-)
We went to the McNairs for a BBQ Saturday before the 4th and let the kids run wild. Jessica made delicious cookies, Matt grilled the hamburgers to perfection (even Sadie ate one) and there were no mosquitoes...that in of itself is all I could ever ask for. Thanks for the party McNairs!!



After the cookies were gone and everyone had left (we're always the last ones at any party....Chase's fault:-), we headed over to the Sanderson's to see some fireworks. I know this picture is blurry, but I thought it was hilarious. Sadie has only seen the big fireworks from afar. She has never been up close to street ones. You can see she was pretty impressed. I love that she is clutching her little dog. Clifford shows up in a lot of our pictures.

Sadie and the boys ran around with their sparklers and when everything had burned out, we ate some delicious fruit pizza. Thanks Sanderson's. A great day of frosting, fireworks, and awesome company. I love the fourth!


1 comment:

Scott McMillan said...

Every fourth I remember having a celebration on our Benidorm balcony and think of good times with Hna Etherington, Jorge Luis, El Presidente, the best zone in the world and so much more!!