The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Better late than never

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our new neighborhood for many reasons, one being all the tall trees!! There aren't as many trees up north in Cedar Park so we were pleasantly surprised to find that Texas does indeed have an autumn season. It just happens a little later here.
I opened Jack's window the other day and the flood of orange light completely took me off guard. The tree outside was full of the most beautiful leaves!! I made it a habit to open his window everyday just so we could enjoy all that amazing color.
The kids had so much fun playing in the leaves the other day. I know you're supposed to bag them up for the winter to let your lawn breath but I am having the hardest time putting them away. I love seeing all the color in the grass and watching the kids rake them up only to jump in and start all over again.
I am just pleased as punch to discover that we have an additional season here. I initially thought it was just summer and spring (the winters are so mild you can't really call them a "winter.") So glad Jack Frost stopped by to make our leaves so breathtaking this year.


No comments: