The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Out of Control!!

This whole binky thing with Jack is really starting to get on my nerves. Now that he can get in and out of his crib, he can also access his pacifiers much easier too. No matter where I put them, he always seems to find them and carries not one, but as many as he can find around the house at all times. He is so great at talking that I'm not worried about them impeding his speech. I just think he needs to not be so obsessed with them.

On this particular day I couldn't get them away from him. It was almost easier to just let him have his way because the whining associated with no binky is sometimes too much to bear. I am determined to make them a nap and nighttime only reward. We've always had this rule but Ive been really lazy enforcing it lately.

If we find him with his binky during "off hours" we tell him to take "one last suck" and that usually works. If he has multiple binkies at the time he'll give each one "one last suck" before handing them over. It's pretty cute but not so cute when you see a five year old in a stroller with a pacifier in his mouth. I think three is the limit and even that seems a little old for me. I'll let him get through the birth of this new baby before I take them away for good but it won't be long before the binky fairy comes to our house.

No comments: