The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, December 10, 2011

No cavities for this cool cat!!

I'm embarrassed to admit that in the five years I've had children, they've never been to a dentist. I have some really good excuses like that we've moved a bazillion times, we were too lazy to find a good dentist in our particular area, and that we never really thought about it. These are ridiculous excuses, I know, but most excuses are. Oh well!

I noticed while brushing Sadie's teeth the other day that they were looking a little yellow so I finally got off my lazy arse and asked some friends for dental recommendations.
The kids never complained of tooth aches and I am vigilant (to say the least) at brushing, flossing and mouth washing their teeth every night. It was to be a pleasant visit where only cleaning would be necessary. Well, my vigilance paid off because I was not only told they both had no cavities, but that their teeth had been very well taken care of. Forget the kids, hooray for me!!!

Sadie was great at sitting still and getting her teeth cleaned. Jack, on the other hand, wouldn't let the dentist even look in his mouth at first. He had an angry scowl the entire time with his classic head down, "eyes rolling up" look. Eventually we got him to open up and get a good cleaning but it was tricky!!

Hooray for no cavities and no dental bills!! I can't say the same for me when I go in for a check up after the baby comes. I don't have the same expectations for my mouth:-)

No comments: