The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Daddy daughter hike


We traveled to Utah for an Etherington excursion to St. George but before we went I got to go on a hike with my daddio.  He took me up to Red Butte and we walked straight up the mountain.  He totally wore me out!  Not bad for a 60 plus year old  geezer:-)

I still haven't come to grips with the fact that one day he won't be wearing me out.  He will always be what this picture defines in my mind.  Strong, enthusiastic, adventurous, loving, and fearless.  I'm glad he's still like this for now.

He took me to the place where he wants his ashes strewn when he dies (still a controversial topic in the Etherington household). I'm glad I was wearing sunglasses because the thought of this amazing human being not being on earth anymore brought tears to my eyes.  We sat there and ate some granola bars while listening to conference on the radio.  I hope he wasn't eager to hear too much of conference because I made him talk to me the whole time.  I love my dad.   
 
I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to cremate my dad but there would be something nice about visiting an old tree on a mountain rather than a grave yard to have a conversation.  Did I mention I love this man? Oh ya, I did.

No comments: