The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, October 14, 2012

St. George


Instead of flying into Las Vegas for the Etherington shenanigans to be had in St. George, we decided to fly into Salt Lake and watch conference with family.  We intended to leave around 1 p.m. Monday and we got on the road around 7.  What did you expect?  Traveling "Cannon" style for sure.  It made for a pretty grumpy George but we all survived:-)

St. George felt a lot like Texas so we were right at home.  Nick took us out to go rock climbing and on the way to the cliffs we found Jack's other half....an EXCAVATOR!!!  I wasn't at all floored by the fact he was actually wearing his excavator shirt while viewing the larger version because he ALWAYS wears his "excamater" shirt.

Nick, Jane, Jane's Parker, and I were the first to head up to the cliffs.  It was so fun!!

My favorite part of rock climbing is repelling  down once you reach the top.  I could swing around up there all day. 

George and Jane bonded on this trip. I don't know if it's because she kind of looks like me, but Grandpa and Mimi were slimy seconds when Jane was around. 

Chase and I took the rare opportunity of having someone home while our kids sleep to go outside and frolic in the St. George wind.  He found a skate board in the garage and I might have stolen some awesome rollerblades from Heber's old closet at the Cannon home. 

We were only gone for about 30 minutes but it was soaked up and enjoyed thoroughly.

A lot of fun was done:-)
 

I kind of didn't realize how pretty St. George was until this trip with my family.  The only other times I've ventured down to the south of Utah was with my white trash wannabe friends who resided in motels off the hick infested boulevard and spent the entire day by the pool rubbing baby oil onto our already crispy skin.  We didn't ever leave the boulevard (unless of course we needed to go to the J. Crew outlet where we spent money on worthless clothing only because it was from J. Crew) so I wasn't able to see something like the above picture until nearly 20 years later.  It's heaven on earth if you ask me. 
 

We took many hikes up Snow Canyon and watched all the grand kids run around and get dirty. 

Sadie and Ruby were ecstatic to be reunited.  They get along swimmingly and were always heard laughing.  Sadie told me she loves to play with Ruby because she always giggles and thinks Sadie is funny. 

The three year olds were up to no good so we stuck them in a cave 20 feet up and left them up there for a while.  Just kidding.  They wanted to go up there so Uncle Nick helped them and once they made it, all they wanted to do was come back down.  Hilarious!! 

No comments: