The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloweeeeeeeen!!!


Halloween is quickly becoming my favorite holiday.  I get such a kick out of getting everyone dressed up in matching or coordinating outfits and it doesn't hurt that my children look like delectable morsels when they're all dressed up either.  Macy set up her photography equipment again at the trunk or treat and because I knew she would be there, I made sure we were ready for the camera. 

I finished their costumes probably two hours before we headed out the door.  The outfits Chase and I wore were pulled together in about ten minutes!  We decided that if a witch and Dracula got together, they'd probably have human bat offspring.  Thank goodness for my black sheet which I cut in half and turned into capes, the Elvis wig Chase wore two years ago, and the black dress hanging in my closet.  We were overjoyed when we found our lost billy bob teeth too. 

I don't know what it is about billy bobs that gives me the green light to act light a complete fool in front of the entire ward.  Maybe it's because half of them didn't know who we were.  Less pressure:-)
 

We loved getting all our "candle pumpkins" (that's what Jack calls them) ready.  Chase insisted on making a scarecrow this year.  I've never made one.  The picture doesn't show his make-shift head and we'll just let y'all assume it looked fantastic. 

I got the idea to make bat costumes from my friend Dana and her blog: www.danamadeit.com.  It was fun running into her while we chaperoned at the stake dance a few weeks ago so I could thank her for yet another costume idea.  She's pretty much my hero because she makes these costumes look so easy to make.  I thought it would be a piece of cake too.  I was wrong.  I ended up making the capes pretty easily (without mentioning that I had to take a match and finish off all the silver lining so it wouldn't fray).  The bat hats put me over the edge.  I must have made four or five before I finally figured out how big I needed them to be.  And because I can only sew when the kids are either asleep or at school I had to use my own head for measurement.  That being said, I think they turned out pretty cute.  I can't handle how precious my little Austin bats are. 

AHHHHH!!  Those two teeth again.  I can't handle it!!

Chubby little bats are my favorite.
 

These three!!! I just love them to pieces!!!!

There's no way I would have gotten this many smiles out of G if Chase wasn't standing behind me acting like a lunatic. 

Jack insited on being called "batman."  He really wanted to be Spiderman for Halloween but I'm a mean mom and made him wear what I made (it took me three days for Pete's sake!).  His friend Chase was being Superman and he wanted to be a superhero too.  Apparently they are all the rage with the three years olds this year.  Next year I might not have as much room for negotiation.  His opinions are getting stronger and stronger these days.

This picture is so scary!!!  Poor George was probably petrified and wondering where is a "little less crazy" mom went. 

The alternative wasn't much better.  His Dad was replaced by a tooth baring Dracula with blood (reeking of nail polish) running down his mouth. 

He loved fishing through all the candy at the end of the night.  He couldn't believe his good fortune when he somehow landed a Swedish fish in his premature mouth. 

Looking all hyper and perky with those ears. 

This one's just for shits and giggles.  Happy Halloween y'all!

No comments: