The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

10 months

10 months and still delighting us every day. Here's what Jack has been up to:

-Jack is still pretty small. 18 pounds and 15th percentile is all my little man can claim in weight even though he eats twice as much as his sister.

-He's constantly burning calories as he climbs the stairs, speed crawls, and laughs anytime Sadie runs past him.

-He's a funny little guy. His sense of humor has really developed over these last couple of months. He snorts when he laughs which creates a hysterical exchange as we laugh back at him.

-He's a fantastic napper in the morning but needs a little swaddle and rock in the afternoon.

-When I come in to grab him after his nap he gives me a HUGE grin and then raises his little eyebrows. It's insanely adorable.

-He'll put anything in his mouth if we forget his binky outside. I have found WAY too many pieces of bark in his cheeks.

-He's still pretty mellow but it's getting a little harder to hold him for long periods of time. He usually dives for the floor so he can crawl or climb the stairs, again.

-His favorite food is Veggie Booty. While sifting through Sadie's swimming bag he found a package of his most coveted snack and while clutching it in between his fist, he crawled over to me so I could open it for him. He actually lifted it up to me. Pretty cute.

-He "raises the roof" instead of waving timidly with his fingers. Both arms are usually flailing above his head as he smiles from ear to ear.

-He has a couple of new teeth. Apart from his two ridiculously cute bottom teeth, he has grown two more in a not so cute spot. Yes, Jack is resembling a vampire because his incisors are coming in before the other front teeth. Just like Sadie!! She was a little vampire for a couple of months too.

-I can pretty much count on coming into his room at least three times to give him his binky and monkey blanket he's intentionally thrown over the edge of the crib during his afternoon nap. This is when I usually give up on his falling asleep on his own and rock him to sleep. I can't deny I love every minute of him falling asleep in my arms.

-He's a total snuggler. I LOVE having a snuggly baby. He rests his little head on my shoulder ALL the time and I can't get enough!!

-When he's tired he does this low pitched growl while we try to feed him. It kind of sounds like a mosquito buzzing in your ear after a while and it drives Chase CRAZY!!


-I sometimes call him "tinkerboy" because he loves to "tinker" with everything. I always find him rolling the wheels back and forth on Sadie's bike. Not only does he love to open drawers to throw everything out of them, but he also enjoys the actual opening and closing of the door, drawers, and cabinets. He is constantly moving a drawer back and forth and studying how it works. Maybe he'll be an engineer one day.

-He's understanding the "I'm gonna get you" game and frantically kicks his legs while laughing as we approach him for a tickle. If we ask him where he's going while climbing the stairs, he's thinks it's pretty funny to climb faster as he scrambles to the top.

-He still prefers me over anyone else which makes my doggie day. It's kind of annoying if I get up from the table to get something and he distresses over my absence, but I still love the death defying lunge toward my direction if he's ever in anyone else's arms.

No comments: