The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So Long Fare..the..well

I remember hearing a song in Spain that went a little like this (imagine my sweet sultry voice singing as you read these brilliant lyrics): "when you don't wanna say goodbye, you can say Hasta Luego...so long...see see you later. We're gonna see you very soon again... my friend, so long, we'll see you tomorrow. You are my special Amigo, that's cause you mean so much to ooo me."

The members sang this to us knowing that transfers were the next day and that we would be shipped to some other part of the country. Although kind of cheesy (which is something you totally soak up as a missionary:-), it struck home because even though you say you are going to see these people again, most likely, you won't. Spain is a long ways away.

Lucky for us Baltimore isn't. The Mechams have only moved a short distance into the Maryland neck of the woods. So instead of having a "goodbye " party for Erin, us ladies took her out for an "hasta luego" last hoorah. We know we'll see the Mechams again.

I don't know who will miss who the most. Chase will probably shed a few tears for his John, I am losing my "sister away from home," and Sadie is losing her "best Riahhhh." I don't think Sadie quite understands the magnitude of the situation. She still asks for Moriah every day but is reassured when we say, we'll "see her later." It makes me feel better too:-)





Goodbye Mechams. You will be missed so come visit soon!!

No comments: