The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lake Travis

One of our favorite places around here is Lake Travis. It's about five minutes from our house and such a fun area for the kiddos. It warmed up again so we took my family there to enjoy some fresh 65 degree air. Jack sat at the water's edge the whole time throwing rock after rock. It never gets old for that kid. Sadie followed Grandpa around as they searched for sea shells (lake shells?), turtles, ducks and fish. I relished the time I had to hang out with Mom and Jane. I love having them all to myself!!








Another favorite spot, just up the street is the Oasis, a restaurant better known for their view than their food. It turned out to be a very warm day so we sat outside and watched the sailboats below. I love Austin. Where else can you sail and eat outside at the end of November? Can you tell I love being outside? Something Virginia and I didn't much agree with. I spent WAY too much time in my house last year. I am loving all this fresh, warm air!!

I'm so glad the Etheringtons came for Thanksgiving! Hopefully I can round them up again for Easter. I've heard the blue bonnets are incredible that time of year, and it bound to be warmer. It's in the bag!

No comments: