The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trailer Parks

I never thought I would EVER eat from an outdoor vendor. I flinch when I walk by hot dog stands or have to smell the goopy cheese they put on people's chips. D.C. was full of them and I was never tempted to patronize their little carts but Austin has made a new woman out of me! Austin is known for their large number of outdoor food facilities. There are trailers EVERYWHERE selling cupcakes, crepes, tacos and they're REALLY good. Maybe I've been missing out all these years!

After touring a little downtown Jack fell asleep in the car so we pulled up to one of these trailer parks and had a delicious meal. Chase got a fried avocado taco, Sadie, a "crepsedilla" and I got a fantastic crepe filled with swiss cheese, chicken and a a spicy sauce that made my eyes water:-) I learned from a man at one of the "Hey Cupcake" trailers that Austin has nearly 3,000 trailers selling delicious food through out the city and surrounding areas. Such a fun idea! Jack got a great little nap while we ate in the sun. I love it here!


4 comments:

j and k said...

Apparently I live in the wrong place. While I love the Northwest, I do not fully embrace rain all winter long....blasted warm weather you're enjoying there. Obviously, it's time for a visit to Abby's house. Ok, I LOVE the updates. Your kids are so adorable-and I love that sadie is a pack rat-it could be worse-she could lock people in her room and not let them leave ;-). I think she's just adorable. And, that JACK! Oh, my-his eyes on the slide pic is SO cute. And, lastly...I"m in love with your bangs. I think your hairstylist was spot on. Except in wind. :-)
XO

Jill T said...

I had a feeling you would like the warm Texas weather, but I would never have predicted liking the trailer food! It does sound really good though. Maybe the next girls trip should be to Austin!

Sadie has nothing on Behrad when it comes to being a pack rat. He is ten times worse.

Gardner's said...

i must be gross but john and I have always thought the best food is at outdoor vendors!! We love those places! Sounds fun!Love the bangs!

Nesa said...

aaahhh, I miss Austin! and you guys.