The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hitched for Six!!

Yep, that's right...six years I've been married to the man of my dreams. Being a Saturday, we did all the ordinary weekend stuff. Sadie had a birthday party, Jack took a long nap and Mom and Dad just hung out. Kudos to me for getting out of bed early to make Chase some sweet potato pancakes.
We got a babysitter and headed to Chuy's for some delicious shrimp tacos, pina coladas (virgin of course), flan and tres leches. Chuy's is definitely our favorite Mexican restaurant around here mainly for the food but for the ambiance inside and out. The art inside is awesome with hubcaps all over one wall, pics of dogs on the other, and thousands of wooden fish strung from the ceilings. I prefer to eat outside with the stringed lights and picnic tables. It's is very retro/romantic and I love it. Chase and I laughed about the fact that our "big night on the town" involved getting a babysitter for three hours, drinking non-alcoholic beverages, and really "going all out" with some tres leches. Boy, we have seriously been desensitized to this house bound lifestyle. However, for us to be with out the kids for a few hours is reason enough to celebrate. We had fun just hanging out with out having to get out the baby wipes or clean up sugar packets off the floor.
For all of you who live by your parents, soak it up because it's a serious perk! We love being on our own but would also love to take a trip somewhere over night or even drop the kids off with out having to fork up all the cash for a babysitter. One day we'll live near family but it will probably be when our kids are old enough to babysit themselves. The good news is it doesn't matter where we go or what we do, it's always a party with Chase. Cheesy I know, but it's true. I'm so glad I married him.

3 comments:

Nesa said...

Congrats on 6! Chuy's is definitely on of our favs. you should also try Hula Huts...try to make it down to Gruene, TX. Miss you!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Move back to Utah and I will provide all the babysitting you need...free of charge! Just wish you guys were closer!

Christine Fotheringham said...

Hey, I always think the out of towners have it made when it comes to parent tending. If Nate and I wanted to go on a trip, never in a million years would my parents offer to tend. If any of my out of town siblings wanted to leave their kids with my parents for a week . . . they'd do it in a heartbeat! Something to think about.:) Looks like a fun night out. Happy Anniversary . . . so glad the two of you were hitched six years ago!