The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break

First of all, let me mention that Spring Break is NOT a break. Moms work harder this week than any week of the year (unless they're on a Disney Cruise with 24/7 provided day care). I was a little worried about this week seeing that Sadie can be quite hard to entertain these days. A whole week with out school or dance was a recipe for disaster in our home. This is why I kicked into high gear and worked on getting some stuff planned. I tried to have a play date for her every day and the week actually went pretty well. We spent Monday at the lake with some friends, Tuesday at the zoo in San Antonio (that's a whole other blog post), had kids over all week, met others at parks, and wrapped up the week on Friday with face painting at IKEA and another round at Torchie's Tacos.
This was the last day of Ikea's spring break festivities. You could tell that the magician and clown were more than ready for it to be over. When Sadie asked the magician to make her a pony out of a balloon, he drearily told her that he can only make a flower or a bear. When she told the sad looking Raggedy Ann clown that she wanted a pony painted on her face, she just shook her head and said she only did rainbows, stars, and butterflies. I'm sure after a week of loud and crazy kids these guys were spent. I know I was:-)

1 comment:

j and k said...

These pictures are SO adorable! You're such a good mom planning so many awesome activities. We're in Spring Break right now...so I've got to kick it into high gear to equal your ability! I am LOVING Sadie's pics of growing so old, entering school, and rock and rolling at her party! SO cute! And, I'm dying to get your sweet potato waffle recipe. I miss you to death!
XO