The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, March 20, 2011

San Antonio Zoo

Austin has a lot of fun things to do but they are lacking a good zoo. We have always lived in an area with an awesome zoo. I don't even have to mention how amazing the zoo is in San Diego. the National Zoo in D.C. was a great zoo as well. There's a zoo here but I've been told by EVERYONE that it's not worth the drive or money. So, I've never seen it and probably won't. Word of mouth is everything I guess. A bunch of us mom's decided to make the drive to San Antonio to see the zoo up there. Anything to entertain the kids during spring break, right. Well, after a two hour drive and another 30 minutes finding a parking spot, we sadly realized that 18,000 other mom's had the same idea. The zoo was a zoo!! There were people everywhere! Heather and I decided to stay until the zoo closed to avoid traffic coming back into Austin and most of the people had left by then. Our plan worked but we didn't end up getting home until 10 and we were totally wiped out!! It was a fun adventure that I probably will never do again, at least not during spring break. It did afford me a trip to McDonald's where I got that yummy little hamburger with the tiny onions. I love that hamburger but I only like it on the road or in airports. McDonald's food reminds me of camping food. It only taste good when there's nothing else to eat. The kids loved seeing the animals. Sadie searched for ponies (the zebra was the closest family member we could find) and Jack searched for water. The kid is obsessed.

No comments: