The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, March 19, 2011

St.Patty's Day

Those tricky leprechauns sneaked into our house and left golden coins all over the kids rooms. When asked why they didn't leave chocolate coins in Mom and Dad's room we decided it was because being as small as they are, leprechauns aren't scared of children...only adults. They only dare to go into the kids rooms. Too bad for Mom and Dad I guess.

Sadie wakes up early, as we all know, and the prospect of finding chocolate coins at the first sight of the sun doesn't help the situation. Before Dad left for work he helped Sadie find a couple in her closet and then it was my turn to get out of bed. Booo!

Jack slept in, of course, but we helped him find his coins once we woke up. We didn't tell him there was chocolate inside. He had to eat his green oatmeal first. Poor guy doesn't know any different. He always gets green oatmeal (kale:-). It was spring break and even though Linley came over NOT wearing green, we decided it would it would be rude to pinch a friend. I was just shocked she didn't know what we were talking about.

We made spinach and zucchini quiche for dinner (thanks Erin) and got through the whole day with out being pinched. That's not to say we didn't make it through without having to take the chocolate coins away after some naughty choices. Am I the only one who notices that when I do nice things for my children, like get them a treat or a toy, they seem to turn into monsters at the end of the day? Shouldn't they be bowing down to me and asking me to clean their rooms after my kind gestures? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The red haired leprechauns must have left some of their spicy tempers behind as well. Overall a great and green day.

No comments: