The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

LBJ Ranch

My Dad did a little research and found that Lindon B. Johnson's ranch was only about an hour drive away. We loaded up the car and crossed our fingers for an enjoyable (and peaceful) adventure with our new addition. George was great! He pretty much slept the whole time. Sadie and Jack, on the other hand, complained the whole time. I felt a little like one of those families we saw in D.C. that brought young children to see all the monuments. "Poor kids"..I thought. What kid wants to walk miles and miles around a city looking at monuments and reading plaques? I guess we were that family today because other than a cow and a couple of goats, Sadie and Jack were a tad bit disappointed especially after such a long car ride.


I loved the scenery!! I have a soft spot for ranches, barns and white fences. I could tell Grandpa was in heaven being the history buff that he is. This would have been George's first real outing. He didn't seem to mind the lack of water slides, cotton candy and horses to ride. He was simply content to be fed and held in my arms.


Maybe we'll try for some historical sights in a decade or so when Sadie, Jack and George can at least be bribed into having fun:-)


No comments: