The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Visitors

We loved Seton Southwest. If I could have had every baby there I would have. It was so quiet and after a massage therapist came in to give me a post labor massage I was ready to tell EVERYONE to deliver their babies there. They were also great about having visitors come and we had a lot of company to see little George.


Our first visitor was Melissa (i.e. life saver). She came down last night and slept at our house so we could leave early in the morning for the scheduled induction. She fed the kids, got Sadie off to school and played with Jack all day until my Dad arrived later that afternoon. It was extremely reassuring knowing someone we love and trust was there to take care of our other little ones. I was so worried that I would have to call a neighbor in the middle of the night to come sit at our house. I was also concerned about sleeping in the hospital at night by myself. I was TOTALLY relieved when my Dad said he would fly out the next day when I talked to him on the phone.


Dad literally saved the day. It was amazing to have him home with Sadie and Jack so Chase could sleep at the hospital with me. He was the perfect person to have come because the kids were in total HEAVEN. They love their Grandpa. He took care of everything and was such an amazing help.








Tiffany, JoAnn and Kristy were among the other visitors who came and brought me some goodies. I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE our ward here. Everyone has been so helpful and so giving of their time.



Sadie and Jack were the noisiest visitors of all! I had planned to have them come and we would all bring George home together but they were such a handful I had Chase take them home first then come back to retrieve George and me. Sadie was so sweet with little George. She looked like a little Mommy holding him and was totally "baby talking" with him. I overheard her say "hello handsome" which totally cracked me up. Jack was pretty much completely oblivious to the whole saga. He enjoyed playing games on my iphone while everyone was glued to George. Like always, he's just "along for the ride" and as mellow as can be. Just like his Dad:-)

No comments: