The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grandpa

Having my dad come for the birth of George was the greatest blessing ever! Everyone asked me if I had family coming to help and were surprised when I said my Dad was coming first. Usually the mom comes first but Dad coming was perfect for our situation. All the kids really needed was someone to play with and keep them busy. Dad was perfect for that. He gets down on the ground with them and really plays.



The did all the "messy" things I rarely do with the kids because I don't want to clean it up afterwards. He filled up the sand box with water, did finger painting, and said "the messier they get the more fun they're having." I'm just glad they had fun.



We still haven't put those darn leaves in bags because they're just too much fun to play in.





I loved having Dad here so much that I bawled my eyes out when he left. I got a whole week with him. We sent Chase to work because I wanted him to use his PTO time when I really needed him. Mostly I napped during the day and had great conversations at night. By the time he left I was really sad but also very well rested and taken care of. Thanks Dad! You saved us!!

No comments: