The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GEORGE!!!

George has finally made his appearance into the world!! We are delighted to finally meet him and finally name him. It took us a few hours after birth to decide, but George Edwin Cannon it is. We were still loving the name Charlie but when we saw those chubby cheeks and his dark hair, we had no choice. His name was George. Funny how it just clicks.




We arrived at Seton Southwest Hospital at 6 a.m. (5:30 was virtually impossible, especially for anyone with the last name Cannon), was induced at 7 and George came out at 10:49 a.m. I've never been induced before. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was REALLY nice driving to the hospital sans panic and cried of desperation this time around. Everything was so calm and peaceful! We just hung out until the pitosin induced contractions made their way to the monitor.



Pitosin induced contractions HURT! I was told I had to take in a whole bag of fluid from the IV before they could administer the epidural. I don't think they thought I would progress faster than the stupid IV because by the time they FINALLY gave me that BEAUTIFUL epidural I was dilated to a nine!!



I'm just glad they still gave me one. I still don't understand why I can't get the shot first and THEN the pitosin. Those contractions made me weep like a baby. Poor Chase had to just sit and watch while I mutilated his hand. I don't really feel too bad for him though. He'll be just fine:-)




The epidural wasn't working fast enough and I was still in quite a bit of pain so I begged for more juice and once they gave it to me I was finally TOTALLY numb and TOTALLY relieved!! WAHOO!! That is always my biggest fear with labor and delivery, being able to feel the pain. I had felt enough and was ready for relief. I also HATE the IV but there's nothing you can do about that. They wouldn't take out that bloody IV until I was able to get up and go to the bathroom. Considering I was numb for the next 7 hours that IV stayed in WAY too long.




They cleaned George up and put him under the heat lamp. We always think it's funny how frantic they are until they feel that heat on their bare skin. George went from a screaming crazy baby to a lethargic sloth under that lamp.




One of the sweetest moments was before the anesthesiologist arrived and I asked Chase to give me a priesthood blessing. I was so scared of that needle and was needing some serious comfort. I was also very worried about George, because that's what mom's do...worry. Chase gave me an amazing blessing and I could completely feel such a calming spirit come over me. We were both in tears and realized once more that we are in the hands of a far greater being. Makes me feel so loved when I think of how blessed we have been to have another beautiful, healthy and heavenly child. I think that overwhelms me the most. I feel so incredibly blessed that I'm bursting with gratitude.



George has been such a sweetheart! He's eating wonderfully, pooping like a horse, and sleeping in our arms. We are TOTALLY in LOVE! It's amazing how fast your hearts become welded together. He is perfect and I feel there's an angel in our presence.

1 comment:

The Beckstroms said...

He is just too adorable, what a handsome chap. And I love his name Abby, what an excellent choice! Glad that things went well, I kept checking the blog anticipating his arrival, and then I had tons of fun updates to catch up on!
You guys are picture perfect even with a newborn adjusting life. Thanks for the warning of how life will be, I am trying to enjoy 2 right now :)
Congratulations!