The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

East Coasting


Although a school day in Utah would require four to five feet of snow, D.C. cancels for a mere 6 inches. Chase and I think this is great!!! And even though we make fun of this ridiculous practice we'll continue to reap the benefits. Sunday night there was a winter storm warning. We hoped, we prayed, and hooray Chase didn't have to go into work until noon on Monday. They cancelled school but government employees were told to come in, just two hours later than they normally would. Once the streets were plowed he headed to the Tax Court but we sure had a fun morning playing in the snow. We don't have a snow shovel. I refuse to buy one when it only snows three times a year. Chase ended up using a broom for the car and the fireplace shovel for the walks. He looked pretty nerdy with this tiny little shovel. It was just Sadie's size and she loved it!!We discovered that a boogie board normally used on the waves makes a great sled. Sadie had fun sledding for the first time (we've tried in vain to get her to enjoy sledding several times now) and was even doing snow angels. Once she started pouting we headed indoors. I love it how her cheeks get all rosy when their cold. Just like a true Etherington. I've even noticed a couple of freckles. She might end up looking like me after all!!

1 comment:

j and k said...

You guys are such FUN parents! You're always providing great opportunities for Sadie (and little guy will reap the same benefits). She looks SO much like you and has your families mannerisms! I think you guys are adorable! And, I love that you're actually eating this pregnancy-you're such a skinny minny!
Miss you tons and I wish I was there to relish in your fondue with you-I'm not even pregnant, but I'd kick back a box or two of G.S. cookies with you! :-)