The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Lepers are coming!!

I woke up this morning and totally forgot that it's Saint Patrick's Day. I'm glad Jess called to remind me. Preschool was cancelled due to a kid being sick so we all decided to have a little celebration. Sadie and I first met Andrew and Alexandra (and Will, I always forget about the little guys) for a fun Spring activity at the library. They talked about seeds and watched popcorn pop. The teacher took off the lid so popcorn was flying everywhere. The kids thought it was hilarious. They also received a sunflower seed to plant in a pot. We'll see if our grows. I have very bad luck with seeds and getting them to grow. You can just call me "Ping" from the Empty Pot.
We then headed over to the Gardner's for a St. Patrick's Day party. They learned about the color green and how to it's made by mixing blue and yellow.
We made Mac and Cheese with "green balls" (peas), veggie booty, green grapes, and us Moms had a delicious green salad with yummy bread.
I had been telling Sadie all day that we need to wear green so the leprechauns can come and bring their treasure. "Leprechaun" is a hard word for a little tyke to say so she defaulted to the lovely replacement of "Leper." She kept yelling to all the other kids..."the Lepers are coming." I hid some golden chocolate coins outside while they ate their lunch. I was worried the squirrels would get to them before the kids but they backed off for the afternoon.
The kids found all the treasure. Andrew ate all his coins in about 2 minutes flat:-) I hid Sadie's in the diaper bag after realizing she wasn't interested. I am hoping I can hide them again in our backyard so she thinks the "lepers" came again. I use anything these days to bribe her to take a nap. Usually it's a Clifford the Big Red Dog episode after she wakes up, but today it was more treasure hunts and a picnic in the park for dinner.

The kids got along swimmingly until Sadie hit Moriah and then it was time to go. (We're working on not hitting and no pushing these days...no an easy feat). Good times. I'm glad I had all these great moms to talk to while the kids ran around like crazy green monsters.

1 comment:

alexandra said...

This was such a sweet party. Thanks for inviting us along! Andrew loved it. Hey, who is that truck driver guy in the last photo lurking in the background? :(