The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sadie's Joyschool


I've mentioned this before but Sadie is part of a Joy School with 5 other children her age. I feel like it's the best way to get her ready for actual preschool this September. Each of us mom's take a turn hosting and even though it's exhausting watching 6 toddlers while pregnant, it's also pretty fun to be around these little tikes. We had a Valentine Heart Hunt in the back yard because of the unusual 60 degree weather. They LOVED it!! I loved seeing their excitement upon finding there were about 200 hearts hiding all over the back yard (thanks Chase). It's a chance for us mom's to be creative and we all had a great time making heart magnets, valentines for our mom's, and eating heart rice crispy treats. A part of me will miss having all these kiddos every 6 weeks and also having Sadie around all her church buddies but I know that as soon as this little man is born, I won't have the time or energy to host anymore. The best part....it's free!!! Something we can't say about her preschool this fall:-)

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Ummmm...where are you getting her adorable rain boots??? (not that there is a huge reason for them in SD but help a sista out.) I want some for Ella. Joy school is fun. We are doing it here. I can't decide if having more kids in joy school would be better cuz you teach less often OR if its worse cuz you have more kids at a time?? We only have 4 lil' ones in our group and that feels like a lot to me. Fun times. I like the heart search idea. Cleaver.