The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Valentine's Day Fondue

Every year Chase and I make chocolate fondue for V-day. This year I was a little worried because Chase has committed himself to another Ironman Triathlon this November. This means no sugar or sweets until the race is over. He's signed on with his diabetic father so has an even greater incentive to exercise abstinence. This is no fun for the prego lady who LOVES sweets this pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Sadie I was completely disgusted by all food but especially sweets. I feel so much better with this little guy and I like all the food I hated with Sadie. Because of this lame sugar diet I was forced to eat and entire Costco tub of Red Vines by myself, Tagalong Girl scout Cookies....all by myself, and it's just not nearly as fun gaining weight when your spouse is has already lost 8 pounds since January!! Chase gave his Dad a call and they agreed that they could "fall off the wagon" for birthday's and Valentine's Day (I'm not sure about Easter but I'm sure I can make it happen:-). Chocolate fondue couldn't be ignored this year and I wasn't about to eat it all by myself. We decided to include Sadie this year and she thought it was the coolest idea ever. She loves dipping anything "dip, dip, dip", but chocolate is like diving into heaven for her. We also made some very cute little Valentines this year for each other. I love making Valentines. It's so fun to be cheesy and use the corniest lines you can think of to put on construction paper. Here's what we came up with: My Valentine to Chase needs to be opened up by pulling the ribbon. Once it's opened it reads "Only You", and then after unveiling several hearts at the very bottom you read "Can Open My Heart." Chase's Valentine to me required opening as well and it sweetly says "Toots...Welcome to my Heart." I thought the one he made for Sadie was the most creative by far. To the right you have a little piece of paper with an arrow pointing up. If you move the paper up the Heart becomes filled thus signifying "Sadie, you fill up my heart." We know we're nerds but we love doing it every year anyway!!

No comments: