The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Snow

We are pretty excited around here. Once the first flakes began to fall Chase jumped into his "sprockets" long underwear and headed out the door to put up Christmas lights. I grew up in a lovely home but it was always the darkest house on the street because my environmental father never put up Christmas lights and when we pulled up at night it looked like Scrooge's stomping grounds. So when Chase suggested lights I was surprised to find a little Craig coming out. I thought lights on the tree were enough. Well Chase LOVES to put up lights so he went out there in my pink rain boots and went to work. They actually look pretty great. And because we're the first house on the block to put up lights, every other house looks like Scrooge's.
Posted by Picasa

We made a pretty cute Russian snowman with chocolate chips for eyes and buttons. The squirrels had a hay day while we were sleeping that night. Poor Frosty looked awful the next morning.

Sadie helped shovel the walks and mostly took all the snow off the grass and piled it on the sidewalks. And because we're such pleasing parents we just kept saying "Good work Sadie."
Wouldn't you want to come to this cozy, Christmas home? I love the snow, I love the lights and I love my little family. What a fun day!!Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lilly said...

Fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-bird away. This makes me miss your sweet face! Are we getting together over Christmas? Please say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Chase Cannon, holy crap you are funny! Well done on the sprockets immitation!!

Jill T said...

house looks great abbs! I love your snowman too. Of course there's a bit of Craig in there, but I'm glad that you decided to put up lights anyway :)