The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

She can hardly stand to wait

Sadie is getting pretty good at spelling. I don't think there's a letter she can't write. We're still working on sounding out words. She can always tell me what letter a word starts with but after that I usually have to say the word very slowly for her so she can write the next letter. She wrote her first note to Santa the other day. Sadie can't wait!! I keep telling her she needs to be patient and she responds "I am being patient but he's taking so long." If you can't read her letter it says: "Santa, please bring Chick Hicks and King, Love Sadie." She is still loving her cars. She has since added a pink watch to her list. We saw Santa at the mall the other day and in almost a whisper she told him again what she would like for Christmas. He's still a little scary even though he brings lots of toys to the girls and boys. Our Christmas tree was up a week before Thanksgiving. I gave in to the pleas. I forgot how excruciating it is to wait for the holiday timetable. First you have to wait for Thanksgiving, then we can get a tree, and when I was growing up, we had to wait even longer. Trimming the tree came after Dad meticulously placed every light and after the tree was finally decorated Dad usually took all the ornaments down and placed them on the tree all over again while we slept. I find myself doing the exact same thing. The lights weren't hung with care. I pretty much threw them on, but after we decorated the tree I definitely replaced the ornaments where I thought they'd look better. I love Christmas!! We put music on this morning while we cleaned the house and Sadie danced all over the place!! I also love having some Santa leverage with Sadie. I've never seen her behave so well. The other day I threatened to call Santa if she didn't shape up. She immediately begged me not to while promising to be good again. She's a great kid. I love my little Sadie Lady and I am so proud of her accomplishments. She loves to learn and thrives off the thrill of having done a "great job." Time is flying by. Where did my baby Sadie go?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

I love that Sadie loves Santa so much, how cute and what a great threatening technique.