The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thrice the Ironman

He did it again. Chase completed his third full Ironman. I have been dreading this weekend for a long time. The kids and I weren't invited to join Chase and his brothers on the beautiful Florida beaches this time. Although I am proud of him for finishing again and cutting nearly 90 minutes off his last time, I felt a little sting at having been left behind. The week went by REALLY slowly and by the time the weekend hit I was very tired and angry at having been "abandoned" (Chase says I'm way too dramatic). I just wanted him home. We've decided that next time an Ironman race is in the near future, he won't be going unless I get to come too or if reinforcements are in place when he's gone. There's a reason why every kid needs a mom and a dad....it's so the mom doesn't go crazy!!! I still have to admit that I feel pretty cool having an Ironman for a husband even if that means he's in better shape than me. Kudos to Heber and Chad who completed their first full Ironman. How do they do it? I could barely finish a sprint triathlon so I have some serious respect for these men. Good work Cannonballs!!

Posted by Picasa
I should probably mention that I wasn't completely "abandoned." The night before Chase left I was surprised with an Orla Kiely bag I've wanted FOREVER!! I finally have a purse....not a diaper bag. Now when I go out with the ladies, I don't have to bring the wipes, snacks, and Desitin along too. Well...I still take the snacks. Good work Chase. You totally redeemed yourself:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: